Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gjelina on Abbot Kinney






Dinner Saturday night....no reservations but plenty to look at while we waited. Went out with a friend on Saturday night with no real plan in mind. We ended up at Gjelina. A very earthy vibe with a hint of trendy. Great space with natural textures, lots of wood. I felt like I'd stepped into a really cool place up north. I didn't feel like I was in Los Angeles except for the fact that Blythe Danner was at one table and that Anna Paquin was at another. But really the wait was a bit long but I think it was worth it. We had cheap Tecate beer and a great mushroom, goat cheese and truffle oil pizza o n super thin crust. We sat at the communal table and had a great view of the charcuterie station and the whole restaurant. Service was good. Employees were young and hip but still attentive. Down side..it was fairly early and they were already out of two things I tried to order on the menu. They have a great outdoor area and a kitchen that you can look into. Nice menu with organic and seasonal items. Small plates and pizzas. I will go back and hope that they are ready for the weekend crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment